Obtain a PSLA Customer ID
Per Surplus Lines Law Sections 1609 and 1610, within 45 days after insurance has been placed with an eligible surplus lines insurer the surplus lines licensee shall file a written declaration with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID). PSLA provides the system and procedures to electronically file declarations.
Surplus Lines Licensees must have a unique PSLA Customer ID (one per location) and a unique EFS Login ID (one per individual) to electronically file declarations. The Customer ID is obtained by the following.
- PSLA receives a list of all surplus lines licensees from PID periodically (weekly).
- PSLA mails a Questionnaire to new surplus lines licensees.
- If the new licensee works for an agency that already has a PSLA Customer ID for the licensee’s location, PSLA will assign the licensee to the Customer ID and the EFS Agency Administrator for that Customer ID should create an EFS login ID for the new licensee.
- If the new licensee works for an agency that has a PSLA Customer ID for another location but not for the licensee’s location, PSLA will create a Customer ID for the new location. The licensee must send a completed EFS Enrollment Application to PSLA.
- If the new licensee is a sole proprietor or works for an agency that does not have a PSLA Customer ID, PSLA will create a Customer ID for the sole proprietor. The licensee must send a completed EFS Enrollment Application to PSLA.
- After receiving a completed EFS Enrollment Application, PSLA will create an EFS Agency Administrator Login ID for the new Customer ID.
- The EFS Agency Administrator can create additional individual EFS Login IDs for the Customer ID.
Refer to the following for additional information.